For example, from last year:
- I resolved to get in shape during 2007. That didn't happen.
- I wanted to get a better job. Success! I managed to do that!
- I was going to complete an IT certificate program. That didn't happen.
- I promised to have a daily quiet time. I kinda did that... but I can do better.
- I wanted to read more and watch TV less. Hrmm. I think I managed to read more, but I also managed to watch more TV... so I would have to count that one as a wash!
Here's the beginning of my list for 2008... subject to change (of course) until Jan 1:
- Get some exercise 4-5 times per week
- Read through the Bible at least once, maybe twice this year (NLT first... then NASB)
- Save more money
- Take a real vacation (which could sabotage #3!)
- Complete the online classes at christiancourses.com